About Me

My photo
I am a working woman who juggles between work , family and friends. Blog for me is a digital space to share my thoughts with the world and also read others for a meaningful exchange of ideas !!

Thursday 30 August 2012

Married in Love

    This post is for the contest on Indiblogger " Love marriage ya arranged marriage"
    Also check out this link www.facebook.com/LoveYaArrange.



Asked my mother ,marry will you ?? 
To your single status when will you bid adieu??
Waiting for this day years flew,
Still what will you do , i have no clue.

I wish i had answers to give to,
New excuses my mind knew.
Love or arranged to rue,
Still debating between the two.

An arrangement will he come through,
Or barge in with roses fresh in dew.
Marriage for me is a world so new,
How do i choose my beau?

I sat down to figure how to,
Find my love worthy and true.
Or leave for my parents purview,
To make a breakthrough.

One day at a party venue,
He wore a  hat and a red shoe.
Brown hair with a tatoo,
Dressed in black and blue.

My eyes did a full review,
Came straight from the zoo.
Not sure why i felt the need to,
May be ogling him for a boo.

He came near me with a yahoo,
And asked me if he could woo.
I was stunned like a statue,
Silence between us as in curfew.

I ran away like a cuckoo,
Let's not make it an issue.
Risk i take are very few,
There are many in the queue.

Months later, reasons accrue
He comes home in a new hairdo.
With family closely stitched unto,
I can't fix both the images with a glue.

Suave with an intelligent view,
Interesting with an exceptional IQ.
Confused on my first proposal debut,
My calculations i must redo.

Over the next few months, he made it clear that i was the only one for him !!

Was it love to pursue,
Or call it arranged in lieu.
Answers only my heart knew,
Fondness for him grew.

Nothing was left to argue,
I made a decision on virtue.
If this be my misdo,
Let the lord come to my rescue.

Now after years when i construe,
A good life to me was due.
Call it arranged or love as you choose to,
Happy and blessed are we two !!


3 comments:

RioZee said...

What a beauty. Poetry at its best. Really enjoyed the sincere but most ardent of all tasks, weaving them in poetry. Kudos. Excellent take. Best wishes from me too, hope you enjoy every moment life brings forth for you. I hope it rhymes.

Deep Tea said...

Thanks Pramod Ji !! I gave it a honest try let's see if other fellow bloggers and the judges find any merit in my effort.

Priya Arora said...

Haha..
its very sweetooooooo
a very good luck to you
:-) :-)